Saturday, September 22, 2012

17 Weeks

Hello readers

If you have found me from my old site, thank you so so much! The fact that you have taken the trouble makes me happy! If you have just happened to across this blog then welcome!

I took a long break from blogging over the Summer. I wanted to think about if I still wanted to do this and it turns out I do, but I want it to be more fun and not writing things because that's what I think people expect. So this is a new blog and a new start. 

I've nearly posted this quite a few times now, but, even though I didn't think I was superstitious, it turns out I am! Or I am to some extent. Today marks the 17th week of my pregnancy with my first baby. 

The road to getting pregnant wasn't as easy as I had been led to believe! It was approaching nearly 12 months and we decided to stop thinking about and just get on with life and then it happens! It's a bit cliched I'm afraid, but that's really what happened. So it was a shock and a surprise but in a fantastically good way. So ever since I saw those double lines on the that stick I have lived in fear of something going wrong. At first I worried about early miscarriage; but we had an early scan at 8 weeks (due to me thinking I was further on than I thought!), then I worried that there would be nothing there at the 12 week scan (there was, photo above as proof!) and then I stopped worrying for a week or so... Then a dog jumped up at me and I worried something bad might happen. Then I worried when I fell over (not even landing on my belly) and now I suppose I am worried what the 20 week anomoly scan will show. But this worry is different, I think it's the normal worry a Mum feels about her child. The kind of worry, that, I guess, I am going to have to get used to! 

So above is little baby bean. We are going to find out in a few weeks whether we are having a girl or boy bean and then the planning will really start! 

So I am back (albeit in a different blog) and I intend to stick around to bore you all with pregnancy diaries, nail varnishes I have found, cakes I have made and general inane chat about our life whilst we wait for baby bean to arrive in March. 

mummystarting out 

2 comments:

  1. Hello :-) Just randomly came across your blog so popping on to say hi, good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and that I'm looking forward to reading your adventures.

    Lisa @ http://www.howtobeadomesticdisgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you! your blog name is fab! Thanks for stopping by x

    ReplyDelete