Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I'm a Stella and Dot Winner!


I entered a competition on Avril's School Gate Style blog, back in June, to win a piece of jewellery. I entered it without much hope of winning, as, I am not one of the people that win things. I have never won anything remotely interesting in my life. The most we get is about £2.50 on the lottery plus five draw! So I very much doubted I would be in with any chance of winning.

The competition was to win a piece of jewellery from an online shop called Stella and Dot. It was a brand I had heard little about, mostly on other people's blogs, but hadn't ever bought anything from there. It is a fabulous shop! Not all that cheap, but has some real different pieces of jewellery and not just ones to fit the latest trends; they produce timeless, classic pieces, a bit like the Corso Cuff that I was trying to win. 

The competition asked you to go to their website and choose one piece from their Summer collection that stood out to you, stating why you had chosen that piece. I chose the Lindsay bangle - the gorgeous colour of pink matched with some fuscia jeans I had at the time (I still have them, but they are pre-pregnancy sizing!) and I chose that piece as I thought it would match perfectly with the jeans (unfortunately you didn't win the piece you chose as well!). 

Anyway I made my choice, entered my details on Avril's blog and then promptly forgot all about it. Until I got an email and a tweet from the lovely Avril saying I had won! I actually couldn't believe it. I hadn't won some naff bubble bath on a tombola, I had won a fairly expensive bracelet! It made my day, my week in fact. 

So I thought I should show you the piece and encourage you all to take a look at Stella and Dot's website as the A/W 2012 should be just as fabulous as the Summer collection. Also, whilst you're at it, please take some time to go and visit Avril at School Gate Style - I love her collection of affordable fashion and she also runs some excellent competitions! 

mummystartingout 

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Amy! Thank you for the mention. Loving the new blog look too! Great to see you back blogging again, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete