Sunday, January 20, 2013

Bump Update: 34 weeks

I can't quite believe how the weeks are flying by now. I was going to do a 32 week update and then by the time I thought about it, it was 34 weeks!

Anyway, according to my pregnancy app, baby now weighs 2.2kg, which is around the same size as a cantaloupe melon! He is also around 45cm from top to toe. In the next week, his hearing will be fully developed and it says to talk to him more. His main job for the next 6 weeks or so is to gain a bit of fat ready for birth, but everything else is fully developed and if he was to make an early appearance he would have a great chance of being ok.

I am definitely starting to wind down now. Going back to work after Christmas was harder than I thought; I am getting more and more tired and finding I have less energy each day. Lugging myself around school is a pain and I find myself out of breath from even the smallest walk! My blood pressure seems to be under control and despite one week of terrible heartburn over Christmas, I think I have done ok!

My bump has definitely popped out a lot lately. There is no mistaking I am pregnant now! However, everyone keeps telling me I suit pregnancy and am glowing, so that's nice to hear. I still haven't put any weight on either!

I've had the 32 week growth scan and consultant appointment and everything was fine, all growth on track and thankfully he had turned by the consultant appointment as at the scan he was breech! I've started to notice movements and kicks have slowed down. I still feel him all the time, but the movements are less strong as he is running out of room in there. I feel him move around rather than kick out. I'm also starting to develop the lovely pregnancy waddle and sleep evades me. I am shattered. I can't lie on either side for more than a couple of hours so I am awoken constantly with pain and cramps in my thighs and hips. It's a bit weird actually. I also keep waking up with numb hands- that's the weirdest sensation ever, my hands didn't feel like they were there!

We have one more growth scan booked in two weeks time and I presume if everything is ok then I won't have another one. I can't believe that I am approaching the beginning of the end of this pregnancy. I never imagined getting to this stage... I am just very impatient now and really really want this baby to arrive a couple of weeks early!




mummystartingout x

No comments:

Post a Comment