Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Our Week #1

Welcome to Our Week!

Really I have started this to document our time once the baby arrives, but I wanted to start it properly from the New Year, so for the next few weeks, please bear with me until baby arrives, when, hopefully, I will have lots of exciting adventures to tell you about! (I am aware that it's not all fun days out though!)

It was a funny week really last week, it was like an in between week of Christmas Day having been and gone, but still the holidays (for us anyway) and it left us a bit confused as to what the days were!

Anyway, here is how our week went...

Monday was New Year's Eve. Hubby and I popped into town and had a look at the sales, before collecting his daughter so we could have her for New Year's. We came home and I made a picky buffet tea for the three of us and we played bingo, 3d Snakes and Ladders and Wii Olympics. We put the TV on for the midnight countdown and then cracked open a bottle of champagne to celebrate the dawn of 2013! I'm surprised I managed to make it until midnight being 32 weeks pregnant!

Tuesday was New Year's Day so I got up and made a yummy roast dinner for the three of us and then it was time for my step-daughter to go back to her Mum for the rest of the day. Hubby and I dropped her off and then came home and curled up on the sofa for the day. In the evening there was the World Premiership Darts final on TV and as sad as this is, I have actually gotten into it! So we watched the final snuggled on the sofa together.

Wednesday we had to be up bright and early for our 32 week growth scan on our little monkey. All measured good and we were swiftly seen by my consultant, who was also happy with my bloods etc. The scan was over and done with before I could even focus on the screen showing our baby boy, but she assured me all was well and on track. She kept showing me things and naming them, but I don't know if it was just me, but I have trouble making it out and I always have to look closely, so the fact that she went so fast throughout the whole thing meant I didn't really see very much! Still, it was good to see his little heart beating and know that everything is on track. After that, I came home and sorted out all the baby's clothes. We had bought a small wardrobe and and I had ordered some baby and child coat hangers from ebay and they were still just sat dumped in the cot. So I finally got around to getting it all organised. I even put the clothes in size order! (ha how sad)
I also discovered a new ice cream! I am not really a fan of ice cream, but Ben and Jerry's was on offer in the shop and I just glimpsed it and really, really felt like having it! It is amazing and if you haven't tried it you should - it's the Baked Alaska one.

Thursday was a bit of a none day really. We had to get up very early for hubby's medical appointment and then we came back and went back to bed for a bit! I got up about 1pm and then just continued to laze around on the sofa all day long! I must have slept funny the night before as I had a really horrible pain in my neck and just couldn't get it to go away, so I filled a hot water bottle, led on the sofa with it and caught up on some blogs I had been meaning to read for ages.  It was really nice to just be able to chill and do nothing. I felt that lazy that we even ordered Chinese for tea!

Friday was another boring day really. We went to do our weekly shop in Tescos and then picked the step-daughter up for the weekend. And that was as exciting as it got!

Saturday was our parent education day at the hospital. It was another early start unfortunately! The day was really good though, much more interesting than I imagined it would be. The midwives were very friendly and we had five sessions - Normal Labour, Pain relief, Relaxation and birth positions, Breast Feeding, Alternative deliveries and then a Labour ward tour. Unfortunately, the way they had grouped all the parents meant that our group went to the alternative delivery session first! This completely freaked me out as it was all forceps, ventouse and c-section stuff. Although it was good to hear what it all actually entails, and if I'm honest it didn't sound all that bad. The midwife said there is a 10% chance of having an alternative delivery based on their statistics, so I guess it's pretty low, although she did say first time mums are at a slightly higher percentage. The best bit of the day was the tour as I got to see what the labour ward actually looked like. It was a bit daunting and I came away a little scared, but again, I think it was good to see what it all looks like and where I'll be etc.
The step-daughter went to one of my best friend's for the day, whom she loves and was treated to lunch out and taken shopping, so she was happy!

Sunday we spent chilling out really. I nipped to M&S in the morning to get a few bits and then came home to prepare my pizza dough for homemade pizza - yum!
I got a card making set for Christmas off a friend, so I had a go at making her a birthday card! We snuggled up to watch The Hotel in the evening - one of my fav programmes, so funny! The dreaded Sunday night feeling of doom crept upon us as we knew we were back to work Monday morning.

And that was it really!





2 comments:

  1. I loved baked alaska ice cream- its one of my favourites, that along with cookie dough! It is nice to find your blog, and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe I've never had Ben and Jerry's until last week?! haha.

      Ah thank you, you too! Very exciting x

      Delete