Friday, November 21, 2014

A bit of DIY

Anyone that knows me, knows I am not into crafting or DIY. I've mentioned on this blog that I am just not a craft person.

Anyway, since we decorated Charlie's room, there's still a blank wall in his room and I've been trying to find something lovely to fit on it, without breaking the bank.

I came across this post from Handbags to Change Bags and thought I would have a go at making my own wall art for Charlie using Pic Monkey. If you haven't heard about Pic Monkey, basically it's an online tool for editing images and photographs. However, you can also use it to create blog banners and logos etc. You can also use it to make cards and invites. It has a selection of free images, fonts, overlays and editing tools and then some you have to be a member to use. But there are loads to choose from for free, so it's not like they are fooling you into having to become a member.

I wanted to make something personal for Charlie that could be displayed in his room, but I also wanted a couple of quotes to hang there too.  What I made is below:





I did this by choosing design and then custom and in the pixel box, entering 595x842 (as this is the pixel size for A4 as I want to frame these in A4 frames). I then played around with colours and text for the first one and found two quotes from Pinterest for the other two. I am going to display them in a row on his bedroom wall.

I am really pleased with these and considering they only cost the price of the ink from your printer and three frames, they are really good!

Have you got any designs you did yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment